Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Criss-Cross (using 1 card base)

One thing that always seems to come up is, "those criss-cross cards are so cute but use a ton of paper." I found a way on the CTMH® boards how to make one using less paper. I love this technique and use it all the time. I have the directions and pictures below but let me know if you have any questions. I have also attached the video from you tube where I got the idea.

First, take a regular card base and cut the front at a diagonal.
1st
Flip the cut off piece over and glue to the other flap. I usually paste mine to the inside so that the bottom of the card is sealed by the fold. (Does that make sense)
2nd b
Here is another view. Don't forget to use those pattened papers.
2nd a
Then, just seal on the sides only. This will form a pocket and allow for the card part to be inserted.
3rd
Like I said this is a great PAPER SAVER. Cheap way to make an expenseive looking card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6upODac5TL4

No comments:

Post a Comment